Quartz glass is made by melting various pure natural quartz (such as crystal, quartz sand, etc.). Quartz glass is an amorphous material with a single component of silicon dioxide. Its microstructure is a simple network composed of silicon dioxide tetrahedral structural units. Due to the large chemical bond energy of Si-O and the tight structure, quartz glass It has the properties of DuTe, especially the optical properties of transparent quartz glass are very excellent, and it has excellent transmittance in the continuous wavelength range of ultraviolet to infrared radiation.
The formation of quartz glass is the result of its high melt viscosity at high temperature. It is divided into two categories according to transparency: transparent and opaque. According to the purity, it is divided into three categories: high-purity, ordinary and doped. Using crystal, silica and silicide as raw materials, it is formed by high temperature melting or chemical vapor deposition. Melting methods include electrofusion, gas smelting, etc. Quartz glass is mainly used in laboratory equipment and refining equipment for special high-purity products. Quartz glass has a small linear expansion coefficient, has high spectral transmission, and will not be damaged by radiation.
Quartz glass has a series of excellent physical and chemical properties:
1. High temperature resistance----The softening point temperature of quartz glass is about 1730℃, it can be used for a long time at 1100℃, and the high use temperature can reach 1450℃ in a short time;
2. Corrosion resistance----except for hydrofluoric acid, quartz glass hardly reacts with other acids, its acid resistance is 30 times that of ceramics and 150 times that of stainless steel.
3. Good thermal stability----The thermal expansion coefficient of quartz glass is extremely small, and it can withstand severe temperature changes. It will not burst when the quartz glass is heated to about 1100 ℃ and placed in normal temperature water.
4. Good light transmission performance----Quartz glass has good light transmission performance in the entire spectral band from ultraviolet to infrared, and the visible light transmittance is above 93%.
5. Good electrical insulation performance----Quartz glass has a high resistance value, is an excellent electrical insulation material, and has good electrical properties even at high temperatures.
Quartz glass has a very low coefficient of thermal expansion, high temperature resistance, excellent chemical stability, excellent electrical insulation, low and stable ultrasonic delay performance, ideal UV spectral performance and visible light and near-infrared spectral performance. . Due to its excellent physical and chemical properties, quartz glass is widely used in various fields such as electric light sources, semiconductors, optical communications, military industry, metallurgy, building materials, chemistry, machinery, electricity, and environmental protection.